Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sici & Me {18.5 months}

{snow day}

Sometime in the last month, between 17 and 18 months, I realized we have settled into a pretty good groove.  We have our schedule down pat during the week and now that I can finally count on a predictable nap time and bed time (cue Hallelujah Chorus), life feels a little more manageable. In fact, I am really enjoying this stage.  You have become more independent with each passing month and you say a new word every day!  Your angel voice is the sweetest and that accent of yours is precious.  I just love hearing you talk and getting to communicate more and more with you each day.

A typical day for us looks like... We wake up around 6:45 - 7:00 a.m. each morning.  We eat breakfast while I straighten up the kitchen, fold a load of laundry, and give the dog his treats.  We stay downstairs for about an hour and then head up for mama to take her bath.  We get dressed and you play with my makeup while I try and put it on.  The key in the mornings is to get out of the house by 10 a.m.  All is well if we can make that deadline.  We go for a ride and grab a Dunkin' Donuts Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Frosted Donut most mornings.  It has been so cold lately that my favorite activity is to go to Nana and Papa's house (while they are at work) and watch HGTV's Fixer Upper.  You play pretty good for 45 minutes while I get to dream about our next home project.  We leave by 11:30 a.m. and drive around until you fall asleep.  I love your sweet face after you have fallen asleep!  The drive takes 5-20 minutes depending on how tired you are.  Usually you are asleep by 11:45 a.m.  When we get home, I make the transfer (very carefully so not to wake a sleeping baby), and have about an hour and a half of nap time!  Not for me, but for you.  I usually spend a few minutes on the computer paying a bill, sending an email, or scheduling an appointment.   Then I spend the rest of the time reading and studying my Bible.  Today, I am blogging for the first time in a month!  When you wake up around 1:15-1:30 p.m., we eat lunch.  Depending on the day, you play pretty well for 30 minutes after lunch so I can clean up the kitchen.  If it's a "good" day, I can keep the laundry and housework going, etc.  If you need "all of my attention" kind of day, we just play together.  Around mid-afternoon, you prefer to get out for a little while.  This could be a small errand in the car or spending time outdoors.  Daddy gets home around 4:30 - 5:00, and we couldn't be happier!!  Dinner is at 5 and then we have family time until you ask for your bath which has been a lot earlier the past week (around 7).  You fall asleep in my arms on the couch anytime from 8 - 8:30 p.m.  I am enjoying the fact that you recently started falling asleep despite a little noise in the room.  I can actually watch a little TV at night!

Something new...  You went from six to twelve teeth in the last month!  You have gotten all four of your molars and two more bottom teeth.  You really wanted your mama the last month as I'm sure all those teeth coming in could't have felt too good.  But we made it (whew), and I can tell you are feeling much better!

Something old... You are still super affectionate.  You love hugs, kisses, cuddles, and you love to be held.  I will never get tired of that!

Your favorites are... Books!  You love reading your books.  Ball.  You ask where Mae Mae's ball is a lot.  Milk.  You say, "muk" and it is the cutest.  Dada.  You want to know where he is at all times and I don't think he will ever get tired of hearing his name!  Cookies.  "Coo-key, coo-key..." I mean how could we not answer that request?

We are looking forward to... Spring!  You love to be outdoors.  We are both ready for daily walks, wagon rides, stroller rides and swinging on the swing set.

What I want to remember... Right now you look like a little cherub with those plump, rosy cheeks and porcelain skin.  And all those curls piled around your face!  Everyone comments on your hair!  You still have those adorable baby features that I know won't be there for too much longer.  I'm just enjoying YOU right now, and this unique stage.  I love spending every day (and night) with you.  xoxo, mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs