Thursday, March 6, 2014

We're goin' to Jackson... {Trip #1}


We took Sienna on her first road trip the week before she turned 3 months old.  If you had told me the day we brought her home that we were going to go out of town for a week when she was 3 months, I would have thought it impossible.  But the timing of the trip turned out to be just right.  It was far enough away from the newborn stage that I felt rested enough to tackle the preparation and packing that goes into a week long trip.  And the change of scenery was actually really nice as was mixing up the schedule a bit.  

The one item we couldn't live without was this portable rocking chair we brought with us.  It made nap times and bedtime so much easier.  Because my husband was there for work, we opted to stay at a place with a full kitchen which came in handy when Bryant had to work late.  I was able to eat a lunch or dinner in the room without having to make a special trip out with baby in tow.  When we did make it out, we always ate at local places since Jackson has so many to try.  This trip was really the first time we had Sienna out and about so much.  In fact, Walker's Drive-In was the first place we took Sienna for lunch just the three of us and Babalu was her first dinner out!  We also visited three different Cups, a local favorite of ours.  

Aunt Mandy came down for a few days which was a big help to me while Bryant was at work.   We enjoyed meeting friends for lunch and shopping for Sienna.  We found her dedication dress at a local children's boutique and it was exactly what I had in mind!  Overall, Sienna adjusted really well to all of our outings and thankfully she likes car rides.  What I remember most about this trip is how she started using her hands more.  I watched her hold her WubbaNub for the first time and saw her reach for her bibs and blankets.  It's amazing to watch her grow and make new discoveries.  I am so thankful that I am able to be with my sweet girl every day and share this priceless time with her.  And I'm glad we were able to make some memories together on our first road trip as a family!

{Daddy trying out the new rocking chair}


 
 {Introducing Sienna to Carrie and Cathy}

 {Celebrating my 34th at Babalu}

 
 {Shopping at the Renaissance}

 {Hanging out at the hotel}

 {Holding her WubbaNub like a big girl}

{So glad Aunt Mandy came down for a few days!}

{Traveling with a 3 month old}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs