Anniversary Trip: Biltmore House & Gardens

front of Biltmore House
{Biltmore House}

The Carolinas hold a certain nostalgia for me since they were the destination of many family trips when I was a child.  I only remember visiting the Biltmore once with my family so I was excited to include it on our 10 year anniversary trip to North Carolina.  It was unseasonably cooler during our time in Asheville which made our August vacation that much more enjoyable.  The Biltmore House was as impressive as I remember it to be and the audio tour provided fascinating details about the architecture and artwork of the estate.  The gardens were also a sight to see in the summer.  I'd love to visit again in the spring when the tulips and azaleas are in bloom.  This month (August) the Victoria Water Lilies in the Italian Garden were my favorite since they looked like giant floating cake pans. 

West Loggia
{West Loggia}

Walled Garden
{Walled Garden}

Rose Garden
{Rose Garden}

Wisteria Arbor
{Wisteria Arbor}

Italian Garden
{Italian Garden}

Victoria Water Lilies
{Victoria Water Lilies}

Comments

  1. Great photo of the Victoria water lily. Appears to be the Longwood Hybrid. Another popular variety is the cruziana. Both are night-bloomers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts