Holiday Weekend in San Francisco, part IV

{Lobby Mezzanine at The Drake Hotel on Union Square}

Although this is my fourth (and final) post on our holiday weekend in San Francisco, I just couldn't leave out our lovely afternoon tea at The Sir Francis Drake Hotel!  I love making time on a trip to have tea especially if it's in a famous hotel with a gorgeous tea room.  My first tea experience was in London ten years ago when I was visiting my sister for her semester abroad.  Our mom (should I call her, Mum?) made reservations for us at The Ritz for afternoon tea, but unfortunately our excitement got the best of us and we couldn't stop giggling from the first tea sandwich to the last biscuit.  I was better prepared (and polished) for my next opportunity to have tea with my husband at The Plaza in New York City.  Three years later and I still think about those blue velvet wingback chairs (sigh).  Having Tea Under the Tree at The Drake was especially memorable since Mom was finally able to join us after all these years.  To celebrate, we took lots of pictures under that 20-foot Christmas tree.  Until next time!







...

Comments

Popular Posts