Monday, January 16, 2012

Strawberry Bread

{strawberry bread}

The first month of the new year is half over and I'm embracing the routine that has found its way back into my life and home.   With the weather a bit chillier and since I needed an excuse to use my Emile Henry Mini Loaf Pans that my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday, I thought it was best to start my week off with a warm breakfast treat.  This easy recipe from my Secrets Savored book makes four mini loafs or two regular sized loafs.  There's just a hint of strawberry in this bread so next time I'd like to make this to go with it. 


Strawberry Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 T. cinnamon
1 T. allspice
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups oil

Combine first five ingredients.  Mix the sugar, eggs and oil well and add to dry ingredients.  Puree two small boxes of strawberries plus juice and fold into batter (I used 1 lb. of strawberries).  Pour batter into two greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees until done.  About 45-50 minutes until tops spring back when touched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs