Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twelve Gifts of Christmas: the second through twelfth gift


Giving Twelve Gifts of Christmas this month was fun and challenging at the same time.  I spent the season reflecting on what it means to give, what makes a good gift and how much we should give. There were a few laughs too when I wanted to give our doorman in San Francisco cupcakes and then realized he probably was just going to throw them away.  Would you eat something from a stranger... especially a tourist??  And it was harder than I thought to give 12 gifts to complete strangers.  I think next year I will include acquaintances like my friends over at the nail salon, hair studio and my favorite dry cleaners. Here's a rundown of this year's Twelve Gifts of Christmas...

the first gift... mini Starbucks
the second gift... an unexpected tip
the third, fourth & fifth gift... One Year Chronological Bibles 
the sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh & twelfth gift... stockings filled with surprises 

We give because He gave first.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs