Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes


It's always fun to exchange baked goods for the Holidays.  This year I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes for my Christmas work party.  I almost resorted to buying this year's gift but I'm glad I found the time for these little delights.  I made Martha Stewart's One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes and was pleased with how well they turned out versus how easy the recipe was.   I knew from past experience that safflower oil makes a moist chocolate cake {just note a little goes a long way}!  For the icing, I was determined to find a recipe that does not use cream cheese.  I prefer a fluffy, creamier peanut butter icing that's not weighed down.  This Peanut Butter Icing seemed to have winner ingredients and it was confirmed by my mother telling me it was the best peanut butter frosting she had ever had!  I topped them off with Reese's Minis and packed them in with green paper shreds.  These turned out so well I'll probably remake them next week for the neighbors.  See last year's holiday work gifts here and neighbor gifts here.



Comments

  1. Melissa those cupcakes look awesome! Any time you feel the urge to make some more save me one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts