Burlap Table Runner


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day and for the first time in nine years of marriage I spent the remainder of the holiday weekend decorating for Christmas.  Every year I travel to Nashville the week after Thanksgiving for a short business trip.  And this year I'm still pinching myself that when I come home in three days my house will be warm, bright and merry {big pat on the back}.  I'm really pleased how my DIY burlap runner for my dining room table turned out.  I usually omit a table runner since I can never find one I like, but this year I improvised and bought two yards of burlap from Hobby Lobby.  I think the burlap adds just the right amount of warmth to the table without compromising the rustic, natural feel of the garland.

{cut the ends of the burlap with pinking shears to reduce fraying}

{gather the ends and tie with a 4" wired ribbon}

{fill the center with garland, pine cones, jingle bells and acorns}

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts