Monday, September 19, 2011

Ruffle Cake


Sunday we spent the time in our Life Group class honoring our teachers and celebrating their birthdays.  The ladies in our class decided against a massive store bought cake and we all brought homemade cakes instead.  I decided this would be a great time to practice my cake decorating skills.  Cupcakes are easy to frost since you have such a small workspace, but decorating a whole cake can be intimidating to me.  That's why I went with the forgiving petal tip from Wilton.  I used the No. 104 and liked the size ruffles it made.  I will definitely be using my petal tip again the next time one of my homemade cakes needs to make an appearance. 




2 comments:

  1. SO pretty! I am very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! "i am baker" has a great tutorial for those.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs