The Hostess with the Most Friends

My sweet sister-in-law is expecting her first baby this fall, which means I got to throw her a baby shower last month!  Half of the fun of any party is in the planning.  I love planning all the details of a party and making it all come together.  The only request I was given was no pink for this little girl, and lots of lavender.  So from that starting point, I began to think of all the necessities for the shower I needed to order like cute invites and the perfect cake plus a few extras that add a special touch like a monogrammed outfit, a diaper cake and party favors. 
I immediately thought of a few online vendors and a local bakery I've used before and began planning.  But somewhere along the way of impersonal emails and a game of phone tag, I thought of a few friends that offered these same services and I got to thinking why not use my friends for the shower?  And I'm so glad I did.  I must say I have some creative and talented friends!

The first thing I decided on were the invites.  My feeling is that invitations set the tone for a party.  So I had my sweet friend, Natalie, who has a stationary company, send me some options.  I used this cute baby buggy invite.  And it's in lavender :)


The cake sat on the same buffet as the invite for the party so I wanted a simple and sweet cake.  Kristy just started making cakes, but I knew she could do pretty much anything I asked.  She is so creative and made me a beautiful scrapbook last year of all my wedding showers!  I will have to post some pictures soon, but here is one of the cake she made with fondant lavender polka dots.


All Southern girls must have a monogrammed piece or two and baby E is no exception!  Rachel and Ashley at The Personalized Peacock monogrammed this adorable onesie.  And look how precious those bloomers are!  I hung these with mini clothespins on a piece of jute rope from our mantel for the mommy-to-be to take home with her.


While trying to decide what centerpiece to use in the kitchen, I remembered my Mom makes these fantastic diaper cakes.  So I had to have her make one, in lavender of course.  This was her gift to Beth, and what a great gift since every mommy needs some diapers on hand, right?





















I think party favors add a nice touch to a party.  I found a baby buggy cookie cutter at Hobby Lobby and had my friend, Lee, bake and decorate the cookies.  They turned out perfect!  Look how adorable they are.


I wrapped them in a cellophane bag and tied a tag on each one with a prayer for baby E.

And the best part of using friends, is that everything was delivered to my house so I didn't have to do lots of running around the day before the party.  And that made this hostess very happy.

Comments

  1. It all turned out so well! I didn't realize the invitations were made by a friend also. Really cute. I feel so much more confident in my cookie making skills now. I want to keep doing them and experiment with more shapes! I am using a lot of lavender in the nursery, too, but I still love all the pink girly stuff =) Glad you were able to get everything coordinated with her color scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts