I Do Love Cupcakes

When I go out of town, one of the first things I look for is a local cupcake shop.  It always seems to make my trip, especially if it's a work trip.  Everyone needs a little fun, right?   A couple of weeks ago I read an article on Carrie Underwood's wedding and how instead of a traditional cake she opted for a cupcake tower from IveyCake located in Franklin, Tennessee.  Since I was headed to Nashville in a few days, I was excited to try this local sweet spot.



















































 With names like "The Breakup" and "Lucky in Love" you must choose your cupcake wisely.  I chose the "I Do" cupcake, a vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting, made specifically for Carrie Underwood's wedding by owner Ivey Childers.  I loved the pretty pearls on top!

Around the corner from IveyCake, I snatched up this adorable cupcake stand for one with glass top from Lulu.  How adorable would it be to have one of these individual cupcake stands at each place setting?


Now I'm on the lookout for a standard size cupcake stand so I can serve more than one cupcake at a time...  I saw this lovely wire stand at Post 31 recently.

Comments

  1. The cupcakes look delicious! I'm glad you had fun in Franklin...they have some really cute shops there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you told us about the square! It's too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts