Reluctant Goodbyes

Miles is a pretty smart guy. Somehow he knows when we are about to leave on a trip. He sees me dump laundry on the bed on a weekly basis and reorganize my closet from time to time, but as soon as I start laying out clothes for a trip, he knows the difference. When I was packing for San Antonio, I had just laid out a couple pair of jeans on the bed and went back to my closet to start pulling a few shirts. When I came back out, there was Miles with a firm paw on one of my jeans. And Lamby was guarding the pair next to him.

Today I had to go out of town for a few days for work. This morning I laid a few things in the middle of the floor in my bedroom as I usually do before I start filling up the overnight bag. Miles looked at me suspiciously out of the corner of his eye as he walked by. I didn't see him again until I was finished packing. He showed up a little later this time but he still got his point across in how he felt about me leaving.


Comments

Popular Posts