Class of 2010

My college days seem like ages ago. Well, I guess they almost are seeing that I graduated 9 years ago. My dad asked me if walking around the MC campus last weekend brought back lots of memories. Not the hundreds of individual memories you think of when you start reminiscing about college life but more of a warm familiarity that I had lived there for 4 full years. Four years of walking down the same streets to get to class, the dorm and the chapel where I spent most of time as a Christian Studies and Philosophy major. I loved all my C.S. professors that I studied under; I can remember sitting in their classrooms like it was yesterday.

I am so happy that Bryant's sister was able to attend a Christian university and experience life at MC. I can tell she had a blast just by looking at her face when she talks about it. The weather was perfect on Saturday for the graduation and we were able to take some family pictures in the quad after the ceremony.

For lunch, we went to an adorable restaurant in Jackson called Mint. The food was wonderful and very unique. I had sweet tea brined chicken on a belgian waffle! For dessert, I made Rebekah some graduation cupcakes. I found these fondant graduation cap cupcake toppers at Etsy. Blue and gold happens to be MC's colors.

And since I had to transport these cupcakes all the way to Jackson, I bought this cupcake carrier to prevent any sliding around in the car. It holds 24 cupcakes perfectly in place. Very impressive!

I think the graduate enjoyed her day. Happy Graduation, Beka! We are so proud of you.

Comments

Popular Posts