Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rivers in the Desert

I am claiming a couple of verses for my life this year. Pastor Gaines has mentioned these particular verses in the recent services and actually said he is personally claiming them for 2010. I am excited that these verses that God has impressed on my heart are the same verses that my pastor is praying over his life and the life of our church. It is no coincidence that I will be reminded of Isaiah 43:18-19 throughout the year at church as well as in my individual reading of God's Word.


This is a picture of the Okavango River. I read online that it is the world's largest inland delta. Two rivers converge to form this river that flows in the middle of the Kalahari Desert. I read on the Okavango Tours website that "The contrast of desert and wetland is what makes the Okavango unique, and fosters the bewildering variety of life that it supports. Dry land and wetland species cohabit, creating unique and startling associations of plants, amphibians, birds, mammals and reptiles."

A river in the desert is unique and the life that comes from it is bewildering. "Lord, create in me something unique and startling that can only come from a river in the desert."

From where will this river come?

"...Jesus stood and cried out, saying, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.' "

“ Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert. "
Isaiah 43:18-19

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, thanks for sharing the Truth of the Lord in your life.
    The Lord actually spoke that verse over our lives at the beginning of 2009 and wow!!! Did He ever fulfill a "new thing" in our lives through His word and His hand!
    Enjoy Him this year!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs