Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Favorite Food Group

As Buddy the Elf says in the movie Elf, "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup." Well, in my world, the list goes a little like this: crackers, stoneground wheat crackers, crispy wheat crackers and sea salt crackers.

It seems as though a day hardly goes by that I don't eat crackers. I try and eat fruit for one of my snacks throughout the day, but come mid-afternoon and I am reaching for the box of crackers. In search of a rational justification as to why I eat so many crackers, I peeked at the nutrition facts listed on the side of each box. I was pleasantly surprised to see I was getting protein as well as iron in my tasty treats. Protein in crackers. Who knew? Now we don't have to discuss the carbs and sodium, I'll save that for another post ;)

So here's the run down on my favorite food group as it would appear.

Stoneground Wheat and Crispy Wheat Crackers


Sea Salt Crackers


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs