Monday, December 28, 2009

Birthday Buddies

Miles and I both had a great birthday last month. He turned 2 on the 11th and I turned 30 on the 17th. Bryant was in town this year for both our birthdays so that was a real treat. We had a party for Miles at my mom's house with cupcakes for dessert from Muddy's Bake Shop and Three Dog Bakery.


He loved his peanut butter cupcake and I just happened to capture him licking the frosting off his face.


We celebrated my 30th birthday bash at Elfo's Restaurant and had one of Kate's yummy Cinco de Mayo cakes. It's a spicy chocolate cake made with 5 different kinds of chocolate from around the world, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and layer upon layer of butter cream and cream cheese frosting. I've never had a cake decorated with fondant before, not even at my wedding. I guess turning 30 takes the cake.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty girl, of course! And lovely cake, too. Happy Birthday Mel and Miles.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs