Candy Czars

Bryant and I had fun at the Little's Halloween party last night. They always go all out on their decorations and costumes, and this year was no exception. Bryant and I didn't get a traditional Halloween costume this year, but decided to get crafty and make our own. We went as Candy Czars. If you're wondering what a Candy Czar is, it's someone who makes sure that no one gets more candy than anyone else.



We bought iron-on letters from Hobby Lobby and they were easy to use. To make the "A" in Candy, we glued pieces of white, yellow and orange felt together to make a candy corn. Miles was a pumpkin, and I heard he had fun barking at all the trick-or-treaters while we were gone. Mandy bought him this costume last November for his birthday, but he's grown quite a bit this year. It was so small I couldn't velcro it together, so I guess it was more like a pumpkin backpack :)

I took a Caramel Toffee Fruit Dip with Granny Smith apple slices to the party. It was a big hit and can be made in just 15 minutes; although, if you have time it's better to refrigerate the dip a couple of hours before serving. I made two servings - one didn't quite fill up the bowl I was taking. A cute idea would be to use a hollowed out pumpkin as your serving bowl.


And here are a few more pictures of Miles for Bo and Max to look at. We can't wait to see pictures of the boys in their Halloween costumes. We hear Max was a puppy and Bo a train engineer. Happy Halloween!



Comments

  1. I love it all! The candy czar idea, the carmel dip (yum) and Miles as a pumpkin. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - that anonymous was Deidre. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 things:
    1.a pumpkin backpack! hilarious.
    2.I want the recipe for the fruit dip it sounds delicious.
    3.The candy czar t-shirts were too cute.
    I like the creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, we had fun making the shirts, surprisingly. Leah, I made the fruit dip a link so it will take you to the recipe online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooo cute --- a pumpkin backpack! My, how he's grown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts