Hidden Treasure

We spent most the day cleaning up at our new house today. I recruited Leah and Mark to come help Bryant and I, and they were a big help! We had made pretty good progress and were winding down for the night. As I was almost finished cleaning the master bathroom, I turned the water on in the shower and was going to spray the shower floor. I was slightly confused because there are two shower heads and they were sort of tangled up together. I grabbed the one that looked mobile and started pointing it at the corners of the shower. Well, I pulled a little too hard, and at the base of the shower head water starts spraying straight up onto the wall.

I'm yelling, "I broke the faucet," and Bryant comes in to survey the damage. He manages to pull the faucet completely off the wall which is quite alright since we will be putting up a different one anyway. But as he's in the shower he notices the wall starts peeling and I hear, "Darling, look at this." And then that terrible word came next, W-A-L-L-P-A-P-E-R!

Seriously? Seriously. The previous owners painted over wallpaper in the master bathroom which we should have noticed before today. Maybe that almost identical shade of green that was only painted in the dining room and master bathroom should have given it away since it was only two weeks ago that we found a hidden layer of wallpaper underneath the fresh coat of paint in the dining room. It's like a scavenger hunt to see who can find the wallpaper in the new house. Let's just hope there's not anymore. I'm not sure how much more of this hidden treasure we can afford.

Comments

Popular Posts