First Day of Autumn

Today, September 22, is officially the first day of autumn and is deserving of its own blog post. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Even though the end of the calendar year is approaching, this time of the year is full of beginnings. A new school year, a new season of television shows, and actually a new year for me with a November birthday. With the start of fall there is so much excitement in the air, and I love the smell of firewood that warms you every time you step outside. The holidays are right around the corner and for me, looking forward to the holidays is more fun than the actually holiday itself.

I used to think fall began the first day of September and winter the first day of December. It's odd to think that winter doesn't begin until a few days before Christmas. Or that those mid-June vacationers are technically vacationing in the spring. How did I spend my last day of summer? Yesterday we closed on our house and became official house owners again. It's been very nice living with my parents this last month. Dinner prepared every night by my mom, coffee poured for Bryant every morning thanks to my dad, and the best part - no house payment (even for just one month).

Besides the new house, I'm also looking forward to the new Bible study I joined that starts next week, a new decade as I turn the big 3-0 this year, and whatever other new things come my way this fall season.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." -Lamentations 3:22-23

Comments

  1. I love autumn too! Especially since this time last year I was finalizing wedding plans! aah!
    i can't believe its already been a year!
    Anyway,this post made me smile and feel all warm inside thinking about this wonderful season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been a year either! Except that I tried to wear those sandals this summer that I wore in your wedding and they were so stretched out! Glad to have my ankle back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts