August Rush

No, I'm not referring to the movie with Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but to our life the first 2 weeks in August. Bryant and I decided to put our house up on the market the end of May right before we left for Hawaii. While we were out of town, we had 3 showings. Of course, when we got home, nothing for almost 2 months.

On July 30, we received a call from the appointment line that a couple wanted to come see our house the next day. On Saturday they came for the second time and made an offer by 1:00 p.m. They gave us our asking price if we could get out in 13 days! We took a deep breath, completed the negotiations that night, and began packing on Monday. The next week and a half was on fast forward. Get up early, go to work all day, and pack at night.

We paced it just right so that moving day was actually pleasant if you can believe that. We used Armstrong Relocation and I highly recommend them. I will definitely use them again. They had all of our stuff out of our house and in storage in about 1/3 of the estimated time, and that included shrink wrapping every piece of furniture.

So, while we were in a rush to say the least, I can't complain a bit. Just to hear the word, "SOLD," in this market is sweet music.

Comments

  1. I just started it last month. I'm new to the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! 13 days? That's definitely an August Rush. Can't wait to see photos of your new abode when you find one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I'll have to take some before and after pictures of our new house. I forgot to take some "before" pics of projects we did at our last house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts