Monday, July 20, 2009

Who's the Boss?

Unless you own your business, most of us wouldn't think of ourselves as "the boss". We might have people that work for us on a part time or full time basis like a housekeeper or a nanny. There are also those individuals that we hire to perform a service like the lawn guy or the bug guy. What if you were to ask me how satisfied I was with these services and I told you I would have to research it and get back with you? That would be a very odd thing to say. So why is it any different when we are asked how our local representatives and state senators are doing on the job?

I can tell you that I am very satisfied with my lawn and bug guy. When I'm paying for a service, if it does not meet my expectations I'll find someone else. Government representatives work for the people. Think of it like you are the CEO and you are hiring a manager. You call the shots; you're in charge. You are delegating responsibility to a manager to look after your interests. It only makes sense that you would check in with this manager, making sure their work is up to par. If it's not, you don't have to reelect them.

I'm sad to say that I only recently became concerned with how my managers are doing. Thanks to technology it is easier than ever to become aware and involved with government. With a little bit of FOXNews and The Conservative's Handbook on my bedside table, I think I'm well on the way to an office with a view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs