Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oldie but Goodie

Last week I was in the mood for some praise music as I was cleaning around the house. I went to our hall closet where we keep stacks of CDs and started rummaging through all our old praise music. I landed on one group, but after 7 minutes or so I was back to the closet. I wanted a simple melody with lyrics based off Scripture - something worshipful. Disease or Cure? by The Newberrys was just what I was craving.

Not only did I listen to it for most that afternoon, it resurfaced the next day, and eventually landed in one of six slots in my Pathfinder's CD player where it turned daily commutes into praise gatherings. At least that's how it felt as I was singing along with Tyler and Les. Some of my favorites on the album include: "The One We Choose", "Above All Names", "Pursued" and "All About You". Even during this busy work week, I found myself subconsciously singing, "Your love's amazing" and "You are the lover of my soul." Someone may have even heard me at some point. Isn't that typical of praise? "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth" (Psalm 34:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs