Friday, July 17, 2009

Home Cooking

Bryant and I were over in the Poplar area today and wanted to grab a quick lunch together. He eats over there pretty often with the guys from work and suggested Patrick's, a local home cooking restaurant over on Park. I was surprised I hadn't heard of it before, but after today I will definitely be going back. I would say it's one of the best home cooking joints around town.

For lunch, I had the veggie plate with lima beans, blackeyed peas and yams. Sooo good. We recently discovered the West Street Diner in Germantown , which serves a similar menu to Patrick's. I am quite pleased to know I have two new options for good food. Even though they've been around Memphis for quite some time, they're new to me. The only thing that could have been better was the chocolate blackberry cobbler we ordered to go turned out to be just chocolate cobbler. Obviously our waitress misunderstood us when we asked how the "chocolate blackberry" cobbler was and didn't clarify if we would like the chocolate or blackberry cobbler. Mmmm... chocolate blackberry cobbler. Now, that would have been something to bring home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs